Mr Thulasizwe Nkosi | Chief Finance Officer
The Department of Finance is responsible for providing efficient and effective financial administration of the FDDM finances.
This is done within the prescribe of the Municipal Finance Management Act, Supply Chain Management Regulations, and various other legislation and regulations as promulgated from time to time.
Mr Xolani Hlekwane | Manager: Finance
The Core functions of the Finance Department can be divided as follows.
- Supply Chain Management
- Acquisition of goods and Services
- Disposal of goods no longer needed
- Financial Accounting
- Budget preparation and Monitoring
- Cash and Cash Management
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements in line prescribed standards
- Expenditure Management
- Managing of Council Assets
- Financial Policy development
- Financial Administration
- Financial Reporting to the Management and Council of the FDDM and different National and Provincial Departments
- Compliance Monitoring of the FDDM as an institution in all the functions performed by the FDDM
- Managing of the FDDM Vehicle fleet
- Ensure employees is paid correctly and on time
- Comply with legislation relating to Payroll
- Payroll policy development