Director Infrastructure and Technical Services: Mr D. H. Mzolo
The Infrastructure and Technical Services Department aspires to be a value-adding department in providing basic service delivery infrastructure: Public Works services (roads and community facilities), Project Management services and Electrical services.
Our modus operandi are driven by excellence, pre-eminence in service delivery and the establishment and maintenance of efficient, effective management systems and processes that provide a caring and responsive service to meet internal and external needs in a pragmatic and flexible manner.
As a directorate we pledge ourselves to:
- Actively encourage and respect the right of all stakeholders, staff and students to engage in critical inquiry, independent research, intellectual discourse and public debate in a spirit of responsibility and accountability, in accordance with the principles and values of public administration and institutional autonomy.
- Provide basic services through infrastructural development and create employment opportunities for all infrastructure development.
- Embrace our responsibility as a public institution to support and contribute to national and regional development, and the welfare and upliftment of the wider community, through the provision of high quality and sound administration.
- Conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards, and provide administrative practices and models that promotes sound ethical practice.
- Manage and run our institution in conscious awareness of the environment, and foster a culture of responsible, ethical and just administrative action.
- Ensure effective governance through broad and inclusive participation, democratic representation, accountability, and transparency that serves as an example that contributes to building the democratic ethos of our country.
- Ensure management of existing asset infrastructure through maintenance programme.
- Promote and uphold the good image of the municipality and create a fertile ground for the municipality to deliver sound administration.
In terms of an approved organogram, the Infrastructure and Technical Services department has three units, namely: Public Works, Project Management and Electrical Services.
Project Management Unit (PMU)
Mr Thabani Fakude | Manager: Project Management Unit
The PMU is responsible for but not limited to the administration and financial Management of MIG Funds within the municipal and national accounting system for Municipal Infrastructure Projects.
The PMU functions entail the following;
- Project Planning,
- Project Identification (Feasibility),
- Contract Administration,
- Programme/ Project Management,
- Updating Database MIG MIS,
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Reporting and
- Develop and maintain service delivery backlog data base of the Municipality.
The PMU Section is also responsible for other Internal Project that can be implemented by the Municipality through Municipal Revenue and other funds and grants outside the MIG.
Public Works Unit
Manager Public Works: Ms T. Nyawose
Public Works ensures that Road Maintenance Plan and Facilities Maintenance Plan of the Municipality is implemented and overall asset management.
The Public Works also responsible for asset assessment, routine inspection & maintenance as well as management of Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) which creates local jobs within Ndwedwe Municipality. The unit manages machinery plants for the maintenance of the Municipality gravel access roads.
Electrical Services Unit
Manager Electrical Services: Vacant
Electrical Services unit is mainly responsible for the coordination and implementation of electrical capital projects as well as management of Integrated Energy Grant (INEP) from Department of Energy (DOE).
The unit also ensures that Master Electrification Plan is developed liaising with Eskom and capacity assessment of infrastructure. The unit also provide backlog verification on electrification across Ndwedwe Municipality and smooth reporting to the Department of Energy. Electrical services provide operation and maintenance of street lights and high mast lights within the Municipality.